Saturday, November 24, 2012

Everything Eleanor Christmas

Hi friends and happy Saturday!  Hope you have all recovered from any Black Friday shopping you may have done yesterday!  I had to work yesterday, so I did my shopping today.  And I'm happy to say that I am almost all done with all of my birthday (for my twins) and Christmas shopping...hooray!!!  Just a few more things that I have to order and I will be DONE!  And a huge bonus...I got home right before nap time for the baby and my hubby and twins were out hunting, so I had a couple of hours to stamp...yay!!!  
My crafting partner in crime over at Sweet n Spiffy threw two fun challenges at me late last night, which I quickly accepted without even knowing what I was up against.  We both are making a card using a sketch from Retro Sketches and we are "Mashing up our Creativity with some inspiration over at the Friday Mashup.  Their challenge this week is to create a project using a non-holiday stamp set or image to create a holiday card.  And should you chose, you can mash it up with a messy technique like spritzing, smooching, shimmer painting or splattering with an aquapainter.

It took me a bit to come up with a non-holiday set to create a holiday card, but I finally found just the right one!

Here's my take on the two challenges:

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Festival of Prints DSP
Ink ~ Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler
Stamp Sets ~ Everything Eleanor, Greetings of the Season
Other supplies ~ Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, Crochet Trim, Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz

I lightly sponged the embossed piece of Very Vanilla paper with Crumb Cake ink to give it a little bit of an antique look.  I also spritzed the Very Vanilla paper and flowers with the Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz.  It's hard to see in this picture, but the little bit of shimmer is really pretty.

Well, the baby is up and my hubby and twins are home...guess that means my free time is up!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the shimmer, and I thought Everything Eleanor would be a good choice too. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I know this challenge set was my choice but my attempt last night was an epic fail! Not gonna give up though, gonna follow you and Dory's advice (just keep stamping, just keep stamping!) I've been eyeing that lacy ribbon in the catolog and it is super duper pretty, nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it!!! Just keep stamping, just keep stamping!

      Delete
  3. Very nice card! I like the colors you chose and the shimmer you added to the card.

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous Christmas card! I just LOVE the colour and all the shimmer/shine to it! The embossing adds such a nice touch to it as well. Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete