Saturday, January 26, 2013

Chinese Inspired Anniversary

Well, they've done it again...the fabulous Design Team over at The Friday Mashup have given us a challenge that makes you put your thinking cap on!  The challenge this week was to create a project with a "Chinese New Year (Year of the Snake) Theme" or a project using the "Paper Lantern Technique".  I could not pull up any mojo to come up with anything related to the Chinese New Year Theme, but I was able to create something fun using the Paper Lantern Techinque...take a look.

I did my best to make this look like an ornamental cherry blossom tree with some pretty paper lantern's hanging.  Not totally in love with how this card turned out, but for a challenge that was very challenging for me, I'll take it ;)

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, White Vellum, Neutrals DSP Stack, Brights DSP Stack
Ink ~ Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Melon Mambo
Stamp Sets ~ Thoughts and Prayers, A Word for You
Other Supplies ~ Ornament Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Linen Thread, Basic Pearls

Thanks Friday Mashup for pushing me out of my comfort zone...this is why I love your weekly challenges!

Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. So glad that you enjoyed the challenge this week - truth be told, it pushed me outside my comfort zone too ;) I love what you've done with the cherry blossoms and paper lanterns! I love the strip of DSP in the vase. Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I do say I can see some asian theme in it. Thanks so much for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love how you've created the vase with the strip of dsp through the middle, and your lanterns look fab! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really has an oriental look! I really like the lanterns and how you created the vase! Great card ! Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete