Friday, March 15, 2013

Dapper Father-in-Law

We will be celebrating my father-in-law's 60th birthday tomorrow night with a huge surprise party.  We have family coming from out of town and lots of local family and friends who will be joining us, so it is guaranteed to be a fun night!  I just hope he really is surprised and the secret hasn't slipped out ;)
When I saw the Dapper Dad stamp set in the Spring Catalog, I immediately thought of my father-in-law.  So, of course I had to get it and I finally got to put it to use to make his birthday card.  With a little sketch help from Freshly Made Sketches, here's what I came up with:
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla, Parker's Patterns DSP
Ink ~ Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Stamp Set ~ Dapper Dad
Other Supplies ~ Natural Trim Ribbon, Linen Thread, Silver Basics Designer Buttons, Soda Pop Tops, Crystal Effects, Argyle Embossing Folder, Stampin' Distress Tool

Adding the Crystal Effects to the watch face really makes it look like a watch...so cool!  And I LOVE the Soda Pop Tops and really, really, REALLY hope they carry over into the new catalog!  There are so many fun things you can do with them.

Visit my blog again tomorrow to see the fun invite I made for surprise party and the "Man Bouquet"! 

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, it look just like a real watch How wonderful! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That watch face looks so real! What a cool effect. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete