Friday, August 2, 2013

Amazing Sister

My favorite customer, and good friend, is back at it again requesting a stack of cards for upcoming birthdays, just because, holidays, etc.  She is not a stamper herself, but always comes to me when she is need of a card.  She has told me numerous times "I just can't buy a card from the store anymore!".  I LOVE to hear this from people!  Whether they are making their own cards or asking me to make them, it makes me happy knowing that people are receiving hand made cards that will most likely be kept, rather than tossed in the trash like most store bought cards.  This time around, my friend needed a special birthday card for her sister and asked if I could use the Amazing Family stamp set for the card.  I was stumped as to what to do, but late last night I saw the latest Paper Players Challenge sketch and I knew what I wanted to do!  And, if I'm quick enough with my post, I may have just enough time to submit it ;-)
 
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Summer Starfruit, Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Eastern Elegance
Ink ~ Summer Starfruit, Coastal Cabana
Stamp Sets ~ Amazing Family, Best of Shelli
Other Supplies ~ Deco Labels Collection, Boho Blossoms Punch, Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder, Mini Brads
 
Ok, I'm annoyed by one part of this card...the yellow color in the DSP is Crushed Curry, NOT Summer Starfruit.  You don't see much of the Crushed Curry in the little flowers, but it still bugs me.  Does anyone else ever do that and freak out when you realize what you have done?!?!  But I'm not going to tear this all apart and re-do it...letting it go :-)

Happy Friday and Happy Stamping!
 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors....what a beautiful card! Love that you turned the sketch too! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this is my favorite DSP pack and I love those layered flowers. I also really like how you flipped the sketch. Very pretty! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete