Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Big Buck Birthday and Beach Bum Summer

Happy Tuesday and Happy Birthday to my hubby!!!
 
Summer is winding down and school will be starting back up two weeks from today.  And with the end of summer comes the beginning of hunting season.  Hunting season to my hubby is like Christmas morning to a child.  It's all he can think about...and it's starting to rub off on our boys and they all drive me a bit crazy with all of their hunting talk.  But weekend hunts for the boys means weekend stamping for the momma :-) 
 
When I saw the Remembering Christmas stamp set in the Holiday Catalog, the first thing I thought was "my husband is going to love this stamp!".  With a little Gorgeous Grunge camo, this Big Buck made for the perfect birthday card! 
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso Core'dinations
Ink ~ Early Espresso, Baked Brown Sugar, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Always Artichoke
Stamp Sets ~ Remembering Christmas, Gorgeous Grunge
Other Supplies ~ Deco Labels Framelits, Label Card Thinlits (banner), Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Linen Thread
I couldn't find a  birthday sentiment stamp to fit in the little banner, so I pulled up MDS and made my own...LOVE that about MDS!
 
Speaking of MDS...it's Download Tuesday!  Check out this weeks NEW Downloads here.  I have been playing around in MDS a lot more lately and I really do love it!  Don't forget, you can try it for FREE for 30 days!  I have a scrapbook page to share with you today too.  This weeks Simply My Digital Studio Challenge (Facebook) is to create a page with our end of summer pictures.  Being that we just got home from our annual end of summer beach trip, I had some perfect pictures to share...take a peek!
We had an awesome summer vacation this year!  I hope you have all had a great summer too!
 
Happy Stamping!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment