Thursday, December 19, 2013

For My Sk8er Boys

Happy Thursday friends!  Today is an extra special day...it's my babies birthday!  8 years ago today, in the very early hours of the morning, I became a momma for the very first time and felt a love like no other when I first saw these sweet little men.  It is so hard to believe just eight short years ago they were small enough to fit inside their stockings. 
Look at them now!

 
I can not be more proud of these two boys and the young men they are growing up to be!  They test my patience and drive me bonkers some days, but at the end of each day when we are snuggled up watching a show or reading before bed, all of those crazy moments are erased from my mind and my heart is bursting with love.  Ok, I've to got to stop because I'm going to start crying...again!  Happens every year :)
As you can see they love their skateboards, so I just had to make them a skateboard birthday card.  I'm getting a little more brave with my Silhouette, so I thought I would pull a few MDS images over and cut them out.  Thank you to all who post YouTube tutorials...you save me every single time I pull my Silhouette out!


Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Basic Gray, Whisper White, Kaleidoscope DSP*
Ink ~ Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Bermuda Bay
Stamp Set ~ Gorgeous Grunge
Other Supplies ~ Neutrals Candy Dots, On Film Framelits*, MDS/Silhouette
*2014 Occasions Catalog available 1/3/14
 
Every year I tell myself I'm going to make them totally different birthday cards, but in the end I always end up making them one that is the same, but just a bit different.  It's a twin thing ;)  And it saves me from what ever argument may come out of them receiving different cards ;)
 
Time to get the birthday boys out of bed and ready for school.  I've got a special birthday breakfast planned for them, along with a few other surprises during the day!
 
Happy Stamping!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment