Saturday, February 15, 2014

There's a Birthday in the {Fire} House

Hi Stampin' Friends and Happy Saturday!  It's a gloomy, rainy day here...boo!  Now that our snow is all gone, I am officially ready for spring, sunshine and warm weather!  My day has already been packed full of cleaning, grocery shopping and laundry.  We'll soon be off to a soccer game, followed by a night out at the annual crab fee....yummy!  We'll be joining a group of my hubby's co-workers, which will guarantee a fun night for all!  One of the guys, and a very good friend of ours, from his shift has a birthday today, so I of course had to make him a card.  I found this cute punch art fire hydrant by Andi at Absolute Kreations card a while back on Pinterest and tucked it away in one of my folders because I knew I would use it some day.   Be sure to check out the link for Andi's site for her awesome instructions for the hydrant.
I decided I wanted the fire hydrant to look a little antiqued, so I crumpled all of the pieces up, smoothed them back out and sponged them a little with some silver ink.
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Silver Foil
Ink ~ Basic Black, Metallic Silver
Stamp Sets ~ Teeny Tiny Wishes, Designer Type Photopolymer (sold out)
Other Supplies ~ Large Oval Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Diamond Plate Embossing Folder (Cuddlebug) Silhouette Cameo (Maltese Cross)
 
I was worried that this would be a bit to juvenile for our friend, but my hubby thought it was awesome and asked if I would make a stack of these cards for all of the guys at his department!  Guess it will be ok :-)
 
As much as I would love to stay in and play in my craft room all day, it's time to get ready for the soccer game!  There's always tomorrow!
 
Happy Stamping!


2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! This is part of the FUN of being a card maker . . . we can come up with just about anything. Sure everyone will love it ....and make a bunch:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously awesome dude card. Love the weathered hydrant, the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete