Thursday, July 3, 2014

Stars and Stripes and Pinwheels

Hi friends!!!  It's almost the 4th of July and I am so excited!  This is one of my favorite holidays!  Spending time with family, baseball games, swimming and of course, fireworks, always make for an awesome time!  We'll be kicking off the holiday weekend tonight with our boys by heading to another Sweets baseball game.  We haven't told the kiddos yet, but there will be a firework show after the game...shhh!!!  :-)  It's sure to be a fun night!
Not only do I love all of the fun festivities that come with the 4th of July, but I love decorating for it too!  June's My Paper Pumpkin has been my favorite so far.  PERFECT for 4th of July decorating....and so much more!
I LOVE the DSP for the pinwheels in this kit...I wish we could get more in full sheets!  I cut out a few stars from some leftover pinwheel paper to create the little star garland...yep, I sewed again!  I'm getting a little better each time ;-)  I cut out a few stars as well and attached them to the super cute paper straws that came in the kit...perfect!  Cut some thin strips of paper, crumpled them up and stuck them inside the bucket.  Added a couple little banners that were a part of the kit and this fun and festive creation was complete! 
 
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Silver Glimmer Paper, Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White, June 2014 My Paper Pumpkin
Ink ~ Night of Navy, Real Red
Stamp Set ~ June 2014 My Paper Pumpkin
Other Supplies ~ Stars Framelits
 
I can't wait to see what this months My Paper Pumpkin kit contains...it's like Christmas every month!  Haven't signed up yet?  What are you waiting for?!?!?  Click HERE to subscribe....lots of new options to fit your needs! 
 
Happy Stamping!


3 comments:

  1. That is a nice use of the Paper Pumpking kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Bree! I wish I had made this for our decorations. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome festive goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete